Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tired much?

This morning was so funny... We were getting off the bus, and stopping to chat with the driver (all three who do that run are so nice)... who immediately starts exclaiming how bright and pretty and green my eyes are.

(Context: She's a fiery Latina from Guatemala, maybe 40 years old, who stands 4'11" with her 4-inch espadrilles on, and wears miniskirts and carries a different handbag every day whilst driving a full-sized juiced up brand new city bus. She also happens to love N. and gets all hyper whenever she sees us. She's very squeaky and adorable.)

The difference this morning? I actually took 5 minutes to put in my contact lenses, and put on eyeshadow and mascara.

At least somebody noticed ;-)

ETA 9/23/09: The departmental secretary did the same thing this morning... I know I should take it as a compliment, but holy crap ;-)

No comments: