Monday, August 31, 2009

We survived.

More posts and pictures later; suffice it to say that after ~40 hours of driving there and back, concentrated into 3 or 4 days, I don't want to see a car again in a very long time. Those days on the road were hellish bookends to the most wonderful vacation I've had in many years.

(It wasn't that bad, though. Really. N. was a superb traveller for a toddler, and managed to charm people wherever we stopped.)

I managed to get a couple of repeats into the Aeolian Yucca charts (maybe 4?), and it's lots of fun, but not good car knitting. At least, not when you have no a/c and have to roll the windows down to keep from melting in the 40ÂșC heat. The wind plays havoc with cobweb silk.

I also decided to teach myself thread crochet to make edgings, after getting some crochet cotton and a very tiny steel hook at my mother's LYS. Why? Because that's how I roll.

I hate leaving my family behind, hate hate hate it. But, I love them even more now, if that's even possible. We're so lucky.

I also hate the first day at work. But, thankfully, it's almost over ;-)

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Hehehe, I'm feeling you on that first day of work malarky. Ugh. But it's done!