Monday, March 16, 2009

There's been actual knitting happening, although not much picture-taking.

I've been steadily working on the Baby Yours for my friend's baby boy-to-be, mostly on my days off, and it's coming along nicely. The back, and right front, are done, and the left front is nearly there. It's still lots of fun, but I'll have to do something else before I do this one again - I love the pattern, but I'm a scatterbrain with a short attention span. I'm surprised I even cast on for a second sweater in the same pattern so fast. It's really great in the STR, and I think this will be lovely.

(Total disclosure - I know this will be lovely, because searching on Ravelry revealed someone else had already done it in this color)

I also have ordered my birthday present, and it's supposedly in the mail winging its way to me. I was bad. Very bad.

Originally I wanted to order yarn for my mom. She's flying down for N.'s birthday at the end of next month, and wants to have a project down here to work on. She picked a nice little girl's sweater to give to Baby O., my niece/her granddaughter, and I ordered some yarn from Knitpicks. But, of course, I wanted to make the order worthwhile, so I put some yarn to knit the Central Park Hoodie in my little shopping cart. Finally. I've had the pattern for a while, and really want to knit myself a sweater.

So, that was fine. Until the spring Knitty came out, and I saw a shawl pattern that I absolutely fell in love with. I also really want to knit myself a shawl, and this one is just beautiful. It's knit in undyed yarn, has beads knit into the very wide border, and is dyed after the fact. So, I put some undyed yarn in the cart (the stuff that was called for in the pattern), along with two acid dye colors, as well as beads from a different website.

Gah.

Pictures, etc. later, I promise.

No comments: