Thursday, March 26, 2009

LOVE.

Lace, that is.

I cast on yesterday for the Shipwreck Shawl (Ravelink), which I shouldn't have done since the latest Baby Yours isn't finished yet, but so be it. I've been sick, I felt like it, so there *stomps feet*.

I think I love knitting lace.

I realize it's not a hugely complicated pattern (or at least, the first two sets of charts aren't too bad), but it's so much fun. As I knit more and more projects, I find myself getting more and more comfortable with the process, and I love it. I also feel like I can "read" my knitting better, and once I'm in the swing of it, it's easier to predict what comes next and/or memorize the charts, rather than looking up at every single stitch to double check.

I'm halfway through the Bleeding Heart section, and I'm a bit worried about all the stitch marker shifting in the Madeira chart, but we'll see how it goes. For now, I'm just going to enjoy the process.

No comments: