Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Are crappy pictures better than no pictures at all?

I'm going to assume yes.

Clockwise from top right:
Knitpicks interchangeable needle set,
Knitpicks bare merino/silk sock yarn,
Jacquard Acid dyes in Sapphire Blue and Jet Black,
Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Amethyst Heather,
and Knitpicks CotLin in Glacier.


My birthday haul is not too bad. I've been wanting the needle set for a while, since it's a pain to walk to the store each time I want a new length/size of circ. I'm hoping this is as useful as it promises to be. The Bare sock yarn and dye are for the Shipwreck Shawl (Ravelink) that I cast on yesterday. It promises to be an interesting knit, but I just couldn't resist it. I even have beads for it, which I may regret. The Wool fo the Andes is for a Central Park Hoodie, which I will start after I finish the shawl (hopefully), and the CotLin is for my mother - she wants to knit when she visits, and is scared to risk bringing knitting on the plane (although I know it would probably be fine). This way, she doesn't have to check luggage, and she can knit when she gets here.

I'm not totally oblivious to the fact that summer is coming, and all that wool isn't going to be that much fun to knit with, but I did get the majority of my clapotis done during the summer last year, and I tend towards air conditioned spaces anyway, so it shouldn't be too bad.

The Baby Yours for my friend is nearly done - the pieces are all finished, so it's just seaming and trim that's left. I should've done that before casting on for the shawl, but I felt like spoiling myself this week. The plague of cold and flu has once again desecended upon my house, and I feel like crap. Not helped by the baby waking at all hours because the poor little thing is congested. But, we'll get through it. Knitting helps, surprisingly ;-)

No comments: