Tuesday, December 23, 2008

February Baby Sweater and Mary Jane Saartjes

Well, I finished on time, and managed to get the booties done too!


Foo Foo February (Ravelry link)
Pattern: Baby Sweater on Two Needles by Elizabeth Zimmermann, from Knitter's Almanac
Started: November 7, 2008
Finished: December 20, 2008
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock lightweight, colorway Little Bunny Foo Foo
Needles: US 4/3.75mm bamboo 16" circs and dpns
Gauge: ~6st/inch in garter stitch
Modifications: I knit the sleeves in the round to save seaming, and only put two buttons on the yoke.

Foo Foo Booties (Ravelry link)
Pattern: Mary Jane Saartje's by Starry (modified Saartje's Booties)
Started: December 20, 2008
Finished: December 21, 2008
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock lightweight, colorway Little Bunny Foo Foo
Needles: US 4/3.75mm bamboo dpns
Gauge: ~6st/inch in garter stitch
Modifications: none

Not sure which project took up which amount of yarn, but I was able to squeak both the sweater and the pair of booties out of one skein quite comfortably. I think that STR is my favourite yarn to knit with, and the colors are so pretty. The only problem is that they're often impossible to photograph. Little Bunny Foo Foo is a rich chocolate brown, with tan, and the prettiest pink, but it always seems to come out dull looking no matter what I do.

The buttons are also quite the coup, I must say. They're antique with a mother-of-pearl finish. The button itself is brown, and the irridescent finish shines tan and pink, and in person you couldn't find a more perfect match. Just don't ask me what I paid per button ;-)

Ok... off to finish wrapping Christmas presents, and knitting another baby sweater... This set is for Niece v1.0, and they're pretty sure she's a she, but I'm not taking any chances; there will be a boy sweater waiting just in case.

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Very nice! I think the yarn color name tickles me as much as the cute little sweater and booties!