Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Can I review something before I even use it?

Well, my swift and ball winder arrived today.... The swift is out of the box, and set up. I had to leave the larger box with the ball winder down in the lobby, since I was carrying 18lb of baby, too, but that part I'm not worried about. The Royal ball winders seem to be the only game in town, and I've used one, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm in for.

The swift, well, I thought I knew what I was in for.

I will say that if it works, I'll dial back the complaining, but for the amount of money I paid, I'm not sure it's of high enough quality. The wood is cheap, and unfinished, and not even properly sanded. I know, it's my fault for not doing enough research, and it'll probably suit my needs just fine, but I'm a little disappointed (in myself as much as the swift).

I'll wind up something as a test run once I have everything set up.

No comments: