Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lots of fun stuff happ'n'in round here

Knittinks - I has dem.

This was the state of the Debbie Bliss Classic Cardigan a few weeks ago. As of last night, I cast off the neckband, and all that's left is button bands and we're good to go. I've learned lots of things while knitting this little sweater:

1. Don't knit with acrylic immediately following a project that's silk/merino. It'll feel like plastic (and that's coming from an equal opportunity yarnie - I'm not a snob by any means)
2. Sweaters aren't that scary, especially if they're small.
3. (and I should've known this one) Knitting for babies is a race against time.

It *should* fit N. for a little while; I made the largest size, which I believe is 9-12 months, but he's a biggun, my boy (already into 12 month sleepers, and 12-18 month onesies). My yarn substitution may have bumped up the measurements and saved my butt on that front.

I also have new buttons to go with it, even though my mom had sent me some plain (albeit perfectly suitable) red ones. They're cute, methinks, and unisex.

I'm not really going to comment on the election, since I haven't commented at all before, and I wasn't eligible to vote. Hubby did, though, and I'm proud that he did.

Oh, and we now officially have daycare for N. I might actually be out of a job soon, since we haven't heard back on our contract, but with him contracted in daycare, that's lots of knitting time in between searching for a new job. Blech.

No comments: