Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Silent Bob as a knitter?

I just got back from my LYS, because I wanted to pick up some Soak for my clapotis. I hadn't been in a while, and I'm not there often enough to know all the staff (although I have some favourites).

I have a new favourite, just from the sheer weirdness of it.

There was a man working this morning (the first one I've seen working there, or in any yarn store I've been in, since I'm a bit sheltered), and he had a long ponytail, a full beard, and looked exactly like Kevin Smith in his Silent Bob days. The resemblance was uncanny.

He chatted a bit with the baby, which was really cute, and the baby didn't freak out at the big bearded man coming toward him (this is a good thing, considering that stranger anxiety is happening bigtime lately). He even held the door when we were coming in AND leaving, which is unusual in this town, I find. He also let me smell some slightly opened bottles to pick a fragrance, even though they're supposed to be sealed.

I think more guys should work at yarn stores. I'm not sure if this one was a really avid knitter himself (no project in progress on the desk), but he seemed really keen. Although, when I first arrived, he was in the back (the store was empty, and locked), and for a second I thought he might've been back there hiding, thinking "I'm only working here for the paycheck, please God, don't let anyone see me!"

:-)

So, thanks to Silent Bob, my clap is now sitting in some lovely Aquae Soak, and will be squeezed and laid out to dry after I take a shower. I SO promise to take pictures. Really.

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Snootchie Bootchies!