Saturday, October 4, 2008

Finished!

My clapotis is finished! Here's the only pic I have of it so far:



(It's all folded up because the apartment is a mess, and if I laid it out, it could get sucked into the void. I also noticed that it's fuzzy, but that's probably because it was 11PM and dark at the time)

Stats:

Clapotis, by Kate Gilbert (Knitty Fall 2004)
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb, colorway Watercolor, 4.75 skeins (26 g leftover)
Needles: Clover Takumi bamboo US8
Started: April 14, 2008
Finished: October 3, 2008

Thoughts: This was a super easy pattern, but gives a lot of bang for your buck. If I do another one, I'm going to use a smoother yarn, to make dropping the ladders a bit easier. I could've probably squeaked an extra straight repeat out of it, but it seems to be a really nice length for me.

The Lion & Lamb was dreamy, but I probably won't use it again for a while for financial reasons ;-) It's a bitch to photograph, though. The color never seems as bright as it is in person, and with my camera, it's impossible to capture the sheen of the silk.

I also won't bother with the markers next time; I switched to purling the drop-stitch rows, and it's easier and faster.

This beauty is coming with me to a wedding in two weeks, so no time to spare. Next - finish the baby's Debbie Bliss cardigan, and start on a sweater for my niece-on-the-way (we just found out my brother and his wife are having a girl, so bring on the pink!!).

(All images copyright E. Boudreau)

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

It's beautiful!

Ellie said...

Thanks :-) It's my biggest project to date (even if it isn't the most complicated), so I'm pretty chuffed!