Thursday, August 14, 2008

Knitting packed and ready to go

We're leaving next Tuesday to visit my mother-in-law, and help her move out of her house into a new apartment. It's been a long time coming, and we're pretty happy that we can get it done before the winter sets in.

The problem (or potential problem) is that it means a long drive. Normally I would be thrilled with the prospect of nearly 10 hours on the road each way, because I love driving, and I love knitting while Hubby drives. This time, however, is our first road trip with the baby.

He's only been in his car seat about a half dozen times, and while they've been positive experiences (read: he slept most of the time), there's no telling how he's going to be on a 10 hour drive. We've already got to build in at least an extra two hours to stop for feedings, and I'm probably going to stay in the back seat with him until he falls asleep.

Plus, this is a route that neither Hubby nor I have ever driven, and we're relying on Mapquest. My father's done it twice with the same maps, and he said it's not too bad, but there's still that little bit of apprehension.

The only plus is that N. has to stay in the car seat while we're moving. So, even if he's upset, he's stuck there, and I can knit while babbling at him to keep him entertained ;-)

No comments: