Thursday, July 24, 2008

knitting, but not taking pictures

Yes, I'm knitting, strangely enough. I haven't taken any pics of my clapotis, though, because it pretty much looks like every other clap made with Lorna's Laces L&L in Watercolor. Usually I like to think about my pattern and yarn choice, and make a combination that's fairly unique, but with this one, using the suggested yarn limits originality, considering it's one of the most popular patterns on Ravelry.

I finally decided to try and see what it felt like to ditch the stitch markers and use the purls to mark the drop stitches. I'm purling them on the right side, rather than knitting them on the wrong side, for two reasons: 1. My rhythm gets broken to knit through the back loop, so throwing a purl in the middle is absolutely unnoticeable, and 2. I like to purl back, and am rather speedy at it, so removing the stitch markers makes it marginally faster. I'm hoping that this will make the second half of it go much quicker, considering I only have a little over 2 months to get it done. You'd think that'd be plenty of time, but the kiddo has decided to forego his naptime (at only 3 months old), and it's making the afternoons rather challenging ;-)

No comments: