Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's here :-)

My Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb, not the baby, that is ;-)

I haven't tried to photograph it yet, since it was too late last night, and I'm debating not even trying at all. I'd looked at many of the colorways online before ordering, and after seeing this stuff in person, not a single photo was able to capture the gentle shine of the silk. It's one of the most beautiful yarns I've seen in a long time (even Hubby had to admit it).

I walked to the lys this morning on the way into work to pick up a circular so I could cast on, and was really peeved to find them closed, with no sign on the door for explanation. Walking extra distances ain't so easy for me these days, and I don't want to have to go again. I could wait until the weekend - I'm supposed to take a drive there with Hubby's aunt - but I'm not entirely confident that this baby will wait until then to begin the arrival process.

No comments: