Monday, January 28, 2008

OMFG!

STR!

(it's all about the acronyms today)

:-) My Blue Moon Rockin Sock Club shipment arrived on Saturday... I now know that it takes about 2 days from the shipping date to get from Oregon to here. WOO-HOO!! Don't worry, I won't post spoilers, and I won't even describe the yarn or pattern, save to say it's yummy, and I feel privileged to be part of this club, finally.

But, of course, I'm not casting on just yet. I'm enjoying seeing the way it's working up for others, and I do think the pattern is quite cute, but I'm on baby sweater duty. I've been gauging for one of two sweaters I have in the pipeline (and getting my mother on the case of extra yarn - it was purchased when we were home for Christmas, and I'm feeling the need for a little extra insurance).

I frogged the gauge swatch already, but am planning to cast on at lunch today. It's my first sweater, my first garment made in pieces, and it's a little scarier than socks, to tell you the truth. I'm still super excited, though. We'll see how it goes. If it starts to stress me out, I'll just pull out my STR skein and gaze at it lovingly.

No comments: