Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Meme

(An easy way to get blog fodder without actually knitting)

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
 I moved away from my home province, into a new country.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
 I don't make resolutions, because I never keep them. Every once in a while, I'll give someting up for Lent and actually make it through, though.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
 Two co-workers, and two friends (including the birth of my Goddaughter). ETA: talk about pregger brain on my part - these four babies are all 16 months old, so they must've been born in 2006 *smacks forehead*. So, no, no babies in 2007.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
 Elderly family members :-(
5. What countries did you visit?
 USA
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
 More knitting focus, more cleaning focus ;-)
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
 Jan 29 - Hubby's PhD defense; Apr 13 - my PhD defense; April 29 - moving down to our new home, and seeing Hubby after months apart.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
 Getting my PhD.
9. What was your biggest failure?

Falling back into old procrastination habits.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
 Morning, noon, and night sickness ;-)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
 my first bamboo knitting needles
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
 Little Bro's successful first year in his new career!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
 *sigh* M-I-L
14. Where did most of your money go?
 Trips home.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
 Trips home, and the uterine tenant!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
 I really didn't listen to much music (at least, I didn't pay attention).
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
 a) Happier; b) fatter (but for good reason!); c) richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
 Paid attention
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
 Worrying, and taking my time at home for granted.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
 With my family, in my childhood home.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
 With Hubby, every day, because he takes care of me.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
 Heroes
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
 no
24. What was the best book you read?
 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
 nothing, really. ETA: I do like Timbaland, but forgot since I don't listen to the radio much anymore.
26. What did you want and get?
 Debbie Bliss pattern books.
27. What did you want and not get?
 more knitting needles.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
 Pan's Labyrinth, and the Last Mimzy.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
 I passed in the completed, corrected copies of my thesis, and I was 29.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Results on my post-doc project.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
 Comfortable.
32. What kept you sane?

the support of my husband (and lots of diet pepsi).
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
 Gordon Ramsay
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
 I don't pay attention to politics.
35. Who did you miss?
 My family, and my friends that I left behind after moving.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
 My boss
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007
 Being happy at work is tremendously important for general mental health.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I seriously have no idea ;-)

No comments: