Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Time to kill, and pics to show :-)

I've been trying to figure out this whole "post after the jump" thing, and my poor brain just can't handle it right now, so I've given up. C. - if you're reading this, I'm going to post a pic at the bottom of part of N.'s Christmas present (and there'll be something for the boys too). You can look if you want, but I'm just sayin'.

Where was I? Oh, right. I have an hour to kill while my cells incubate here at work, which means an hour with which to blog and wish I was home eating dinner. I took two really crappy pics of some knitting last night, though, and I figured crappy pics were better than no pics.

I snuck up on these from across the room, using my zoom function.
Pregnancy has made me so lazy ;-)

These are the Herringbone Mittens I started two weeks ago. There hasn't been much progress, but since it's my first foray into colorwork, I'm proud of myself. I'm also desperately afraid that they'll be too small, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I really like the pink and white together, and while I'd like to stretch the skeins to give me 2 pairs, I think I'm going to respect the pom, and include it.

Here's the sum total of my Christmas knitting so far:

YAY Christmas!!!

Two jingle bell ornaments (of three) for my Godchild and her brothers. They're really easy, especially since I re-wrote the pattern to go bottom up (less fiddling required, IMHO). The bottom-up one is the green one, and for some reason, I think it even looks tidier. I'm probably going to make a few more for some people at home, since I have five different versions of the cheap Christmas craft yarn, so I'll take another pic once they're all done.

ETA: I don't get this blogger thing - why is my paragraph formatting all screwy? Grrr....

(All images copyright E. Boudreau)

No comments: