Monday, November 26, 2007

Boy, you people sure do love your Thanksgiving!

This year, I'm having my first experience with each holiday as the months go by. I'm a big holiday person, and I'm all about the cooking and family and celebrating.

But you people really do it up for Thanksgiving!

Hubby and I decided to be quiet and stay home. I was too tired to cook a big turkey dinner, and I'm really looking forward to Christmas dinner at home, so I figured it was OK. I stayed home from work on Thursday, since my transportation wasn't running (the uni. was closed, of course), but figured I'd get a good day's worth in on Friday.

The uni. was closed on Friday, too!

I'm all for four-day weekends, but this one was a surprise. I slowly realized that y'all are serious about your 'day-after-Thanksgiving' shopping, so much so that no one goes to work.

:-)

I did get a little bit of knitting done, but it's sort of secret, and I'm not sure if the intended recipient/recipient's family reads, so no pictures yet. We also did groceries and big-box shopping for necessities (no Christmas shopping).

All-in-all, a great weekend :-)

No comments: