Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A new project

Sarah at Bella Knitting posted a wonderfully simple provisional cast on tutorial this afternoon, and it was just the push I needed to start my next project.

I'm using one of the shades of Kureyon I bought on my trip this August to make a Booga Bag. No pictures yet, but so far, the cast-on was really easy. If I did it right, it should unzip nicely once the bottom of the bag is done and I'm ready to pick up the stitches.

The needles are bamboo, and they're my first natural needles. I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised; they're fast and light, and just about as nice as metal.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hi Ellie,

You won the book Baby Knits as well as some baby-friendly yarn in the contest at my blog, A Caffeinated Yarn. Shoot me an email with your address and I'll head to the post office this week.

Thanks for the link to Bella Knitting! I need to figure out a provisional cast-on for a sweater I want to start.

Happy knitting,
Jodi

jmharaldAThotmailDOTcom