Monday, October 1, 2007

Finally, a pic of the BSJ

I'll re-post the stats, just in case.

Rather sad that it seems to coordinate with my mousepad, non?

BSJ by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Started: July 1
Finished: July 21 (with about 5 days of non-knitting in there)
Yarn: STR in Sealrock medium weight
Yardage: Approx. 330 yd
Needles: Boye 29" aluminum circulars, US7
Gauge: 6 st per inch
Modifications: None, as far as I can tell. I decided not to go for the crochet edging, since it looks so cute as it is.

Butterflies!

I found the buttons at WalMart, of all places, and they go so nicely. The only problem is that the baby for which this is intended has yet to reveal its gender. I think the buttons are appropriate for a girl, but questionable for a boy. I have some plain purple ones that I can sub in for the butterflies in a pinch.

I started a hat to go along with it, but no pics of that yet.


(All images copyright E. Boudreau)

2 comments:

maggie said...

I would dress MY boy in butterflies- HINT HINT!

Ellie said...

You know, you're right - boys can do butterflies - I think I put the blue butterfly on top for that reason. I just keep hearing my best friend, who had dressed her boys in pink hand-me-downs, screeching "He's a BOY, not a GIRL!"

;-)