Friday, August 3, 2007

A woman's prerogative...

... is to change her mind.

(please don't flame me; I don't mean that in a derogatory sense!)

But, yes, I've changed my mind. I love Josephine, and still like the idea of making this sweater, but buying thirty-one balls of yarn seems so drastic. I kept on searching through knitty and found a couple of possible replacements - Samus and Mariah. Right now I'm leaning toward Mariah, because it's.... well, it's cablier.

Cablier? It must be Friday if I'm making up words.

They also have advantages in that the yarns suggested will be easy to find and/or substitute, and they'll cost much less.

*sigh* It's been a good day, but I'm about ready for it to be over. I've accumulated quite a sleep debt in the last week or so, and even though I got 8.5 hours of sleep last night, I'm still exhausted.

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

i've made both, made amendments to both, made yarn substitutions on both, and am terribly in love.. with both. :)

found you via yarnharlot's comments.

whichever you decide - enjoy! :)

Ellie said...

:) I was leaning towards Mariah, but then I saw the beautiful brown Samus on your blog. Gah!

I think I'm just going to try and find some yarn that can substitute for both, and meditate with it for a while. I'm sure it'll come to me!