I seamed up the BSJ. I was going to wait until my mother could see it in amoeboid form, but it was just sitting there, in a lowly little wrinkly pile, and I couldn't bear to not finish it.
This was my first experience with mattress stitch (or pseudo-mattress stitch, I suppose), and it is just so much fun. I put my stitches in very loosely, and then once they were all done, zzzzzzzzip! I pulled on both ends, and it tightened up like magic!
I haven't put on the crochet edge yet, because I don't have a large selection of hooks (that is to say, I have a tiny one: B1, and a huge one: H [I think]), and I need a mid-sized one. I may go to the local big-box store this weekend with my auntie-in-law, so I'll check there for a few.
And, no, no pictures yet. I'm an awful blogger. Work has been really busy, but in a good way, and there are lots of things to take care of before vacation. I keep meaning to bring my pieces in to photograph during the day, but never remember.
I've also ripped out the original trekking socks. It wasn't as traumatic as I thought it would be, so they were meant to be ripped. Once the yarn relaxes a bit, I think they will be some Pomatomi. I wasn't sure how they'd look in trekking, but a little searching revealed Aija's in colorway 100 (scroll down a bit for pics). The color I have is pastelly (I don't remember the colorway # offhand), and should show off the stitch pattern really well. Or at least, I hope it will. I don't think I could rip out again.