Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A completed project!

But, first of all, my new kitchen table.

I love this corner - even though it faces
the other wing of our building, it's really nice and sunny.
Perfect for flowers :-)


Yes, it's small. Not much else will fit into that space, and it was pretty much our only choice. I'm really happy with it, though; those barstools are surprisingly comfortable, and hold a substantial sized person when climbing on them to put up curtains ;-)

And, my scarf. Since I'm here at work blogging to kill a few minutes before lunch, I don't know all the details, but I'll do my best.

Note the candle on the left.
That's what happens when you leave them in the sun.

Small Shifting Sands (a la Grumperina)
Needful Joy, Color ??? (100% merino)
Size 9 Pony Pearl straights
Size after blocking: 72" x 3.5" (not including fringe)
Date started: April 15th
Date finished: June 16th

I LOVE this pattern, and I love how it's such a good teaching tool for cabling without a cable needle. I haven't counted up the crosses, but I'm guessing it's up near the 750 mark. The yarn was lovely to work with - a lightly spun single with a two-ply thread for some structure, and very soft. Blocking really made this one shine, though. It became softer in feel, but crisper in appearance. I love it.

OK... time for lunch.


(All images copyright E. Boudreau)

No comments: