Thursday, May 3, 2007

Spending someone else's money

Well, the weather was lovely again today, so I went to the LYS this afternoon, to spend my gift certificate. Not a huge haul, but I'm still very happy.

First, the last three balls of Ella rae in the store. I had bought some of this the last time we visited here on job interviews. It's so soft and fluffery.

Total stash of this: 5.5 balls. I have no idea what I'm going to use it for, but I love it.

I also got some Panda Wool for socks, but I forgot to take a picture, and a bamboo hook (size H) which will help me fringe the pink and purple scarf, and teach myself how to crochet with the leftovers.

Here're my socks in progress, too, just for fun.

Thuja, from Knitty, modified to work over 60 stitches.

And, my trekking sock:

Note the lovely stitch marker, courtesy of zerØ.

And, finally, the second of my mother's Dublin Bay socks, from Mossy Cottage. I'm hoping to have them done for when I fly back for graduation at the end of the month.

Another tiny stitch marker from zerØ; the photo doesn't do it justice.

ETA: Here's the Panda wool - it's a nice sunny orange; as a matter of fact, even though the picture is a bit washed out, the yarn is the exact color of the bridesmaid's dress I have to wear in September, at my brother's wedding!


ETA #2: It seems that when I load up in one web browser vs another, I get a big grey square. I know nothing about computers, once you push me beyond blogging, surfing, and facebook, so I apologize, and I'll try to fix it. It works fine in Safari, as far as I can tell.

(All images copyright E. Boudreau)

No comments: