Friday, May 25, 2007

Off to graduation!

I'm nearly packed. All that remains is the stuff I'll need first thing tomorrow, like my toothbrush.

We've got everything else organized, all the papers and passports and contracts and stuff. And, yesterday I was evil, and spent more money. I'm scared to take socks in progress with me; the official websites tell me that knitting needles are permitted, but I don't have non-metal DPNS, and I guess that if the individual officers perceive them as a threat, then whoosh they're confiscated, and I'm left with an unravelling sock.

So, I bought some really nice, reasonably priced worsted yarn, and I'm going to teach myself to crochet. I have a book (which I won't advertise until I determine if it works), and a nice big, blunt bamboo hook.

Here's the yarn:

Ok, so I didn't need three, but if my experiments are successful, I want to make something out of it!

It's a llama/wool blend, and is really rich and shimmery even though you can't tell from the photo. I've packed it already, but I think it's Cascade Pastaza. The green has red and purple fibers, and it's so gorgeous.

I'm off... when we come back, we'll both officially be "Dr."!


(All images copyright E. Boudreau)

No comments: