Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Finally, some pics

Pink pics, as a matter of fact ;-) I've unpacked the important stuff so far - laptop, camera, and cords. We have to buy some more clothing storage, so I'll be living out of a suitcase for a bit, still. Fortunately (yay Continental) I have all of my suitcases, safe and sound, to live out of.

First, I'll show you the yarn Hubby bought me. I'd never heard of this brand, but it's merino, it's really soft, and it's got lots of pink.

They look perfect, but don't be fooled - one had two knotted joins inside. Probably explains the sale price.

Then, because I was Grammie-sitting for the whole week after my defense, it turned into this:

And, it's even longer now - I'm halfway through the third ball!

A close-up of the stitch pattern, as mentioned before. I was always afraid of cabling without a cable needle, but this is a perfect project to learn - only half crosses, and they're all the same on each row.

Back and forth. Back and forth.

And, now, my latest acquisitions. Although you might not be able to see it in the picture, the suitcase is a bit scuzzy now, since I was forced to check it under the plane. The backpack was bought to truck thesis copies back and forth to work, and the little ladybug is my pride and joy.

Have pink, will travel.

So, this is the bug. Because A. decided that she should have a name, she is now a bug named Maria. (Don't ask. A. is very strange.)

Pleased to meet you.

And, when you open up Maria, you get...

And you expect me to carry this in public? I have a Ph.D for heaven's sake!

Actually, I love it. It's soft and velvety, and it's pink and it's a ladybug, so it fits in with all of my different collections.

So, I've got to go and get some lunch. Hubby is coming home to lend me his keys (the new spare set didn't actually work, so we need to replace them) and I'm going to explore for the rest of the afternoon.

(All images copyright E. Boudreau)

No comments: