Friday, April 27, 2007

Go Ellie! It's mah birthday!

Hilarious ;-) I get to spend my birthday sorting through a large filing cabinet full of papers, articles, and assorted crap. It's my last 'official' day at work, even though I'll probably have to come in tomorrow and Sunday to finish the clean-up job.

It's weird. I've spent seven years scooting up and down these hallways. I've had ten projects (four that worked), three desks (one of which in an office with a door with a lock), three mentors, seven birthdays, one wedding, and a whole lot of fun.

As much as I complain, I'm really going to miss this place. I arrived here a newly single 22-year-old, trying to find herself and her path in life. I'm leaving as a grown-up, with a husband, a Ph.D, and a plan. And it's in no small part to the friends I've made here, and the ones that have stayed with me.

I couldn't be more grateful.

1 comment:

miss ewe said...

Happy birthday, Ellie! It's neat to look back like that, and think of all that has happened in the last 7 years. Very exciting... good luck in the next phase!