Friday, March 23, 2007

A slightly manic rainbow.

Well.

I guess I'm getting my rainbow - I just finished inserting figures and tables into Chapter 1 and 2, and I'm at 62 pages (75 if you count the Table of Contents, Figure list, table list, etc. etc.). That's about exactly where I wanted to be.

And, putting those figures and tables and things in was much less painful (so far) than I ever expected.

And, I have a place to live, more or less. My dad is up on business during the week, so I'll be able to crash with him. It means taking a bus instead of being within a five-minute walk of the lab, but it also means I can take his car if I want to come back in late at night, and I won't have to worry about cabs and late busses and things like that.

Friend #2 is going through some family things, including the untimely death of her grandfather, from pancreatic cancer. I had originally thought that she might want to have someone else around, to distract her and all that, so we were trying to work it out. But, in the end, we both decided that we'd each end up wanting to kill each other, and that the two different negative energies would just cause a major meltdown eventually. I could beg to stay with Friend #1, but since C. has exams, it's not right to force my schoolwork to take priority over his. I don't want to wear out my welcome with A. & C., and I don't want to put either of the friendships in jeopardy, since they're both so important to me.

I'll get there. I can see it. It's just up over the hill, right over there. Do you see it?

No comments: