Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Renewed energy.

My father told me something last night, and it made me sad.

He told me that when he said goodbye to Hubby on Sunday, he said to him, "You take good care of yourself, and we'll take good care of E." Dad has taken Hubby into the family as one of his own sons, and I know he loves him like he was his own flesh and blood. He told me that when he told Hubby that he loved him on Sunday, Hubby said, "Love you too, and I don't say that very often."

And then, last night when he was recounting the story, Dad told me, "You need to work hard so that you can get down there with him as soon as possible."

I'm sitting here, in a warm house with a full fridge, a car, a (sometimes) loving cat, and my mother to spend time with in the evenings, and I'm feeling sorry for myself.

I'd already lost sight of why I came home to work, and why I want to get this finished ASAP.


Onward!

(All images copyright E. Boudreau)

No comments: