Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The plan for today...

Work, obviously!

(My Grammie calls me every night and says, "So, what did you do today?" and every night I tell her I worked. She giggles like it's a huge surprise.)

I have to follow a plan. I've figured out why I'm so paralytic, and I think I've figured out a way to get around it.

I can usually keep moving at a good clip once I've been productive for an hour. It's the jumping off point that's the problem. Each and every chapter needs work; I know that. The problem is when I think about how each and every chapter is breathing down my neck, my subconscious makes the decision that it's easier to do nothing than to work on one thing to get it finished while neglecting the rest. Then, my conscious mind can't decide what to work on first, et voila - paralysis.

SO. The *PLAN*.

  1. Open up the document.
  2. Start reading through document from the beginning.
  3. When encountering a section that needs editing, or even a place where a new section is needed, just DO IT.
  4. Repeat Step 3 until you get to the last chapter (which, technically, isn't. even. started. yet.)

Drawing figures will be break time, because that does require re-setting the brain.

Coffee refill, then we're off to the races.

No comments: