Monday, February 12, 2007

The move, the thesis, the knitting, and my sanity.

Well, I don't think I've ever felt so much in limbo. It's really throwing me off my game, and I'm not impressed with myself.

I was going to try and separate the two parts of my life, thesis and non-thesis, but I can't promise anything. For some strange reason, looking at the other blog gives me anxiety attacks, so I may just post here, with the calming white background.

I passed in some thesis work to the boss, and I'm not sure how it'll go. So, I'm trying not to think about it, even though it would be really great if I didn't waste the next three days.

My apartment is in shambles, and there's still a good part of it that isn't packed. I'm leaving all of my work stuff until last, since I'll be here for a couple of days post-move to put it together.

My hub is moving to the new apartment without me. I have to stay here in Canada to finish my thesis. And I haven't really even started to process that yet. I've known him for almost 10 years, and in the past five we've seen each other every day, save two early Christmas vacations where we had to go to separate provinces.

I'm so scared about writing up without him here, even more so than I was when my brother left. My husband is my best friend, and I know that lots of couples live apart for even longer than our piddly little two months, but this is horrible :-(

I also didn't dig out the knitting to take more pics, but I'll see what I can do in the next two days. If nothing works out, I'll try and take pictures of my mother's knitting, since I'm staying with her while finishing up.

I'm also going to do this little ditty in the next few minutes, and post the results.... Maybe it'll calm my brain enough to do some more real work.

No comments: