Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I get by with a little help from my friends...

Well, I didn't spend Valentine's Day, Anti or otherwise, alone, thanks to my lovely friend and neighbor. She invited me over for a double-play of Lost and American Idol, complete with rice krispie squares AND popcorn.

I have a bit of a headache, but I think it's resulting a bit from relief. Hubby and Dad called, and they're checked into a motel tonight. This huge winter storm that's hitting the northeastern US and eastern Canada is affecting their travel plans - they drove a stretch that normally takes about four hours, but it took them nearly seven hours by the time they decided it was getting a bit too slick.

I've talked to him about once every 2 hours since they left, and it's OK. I think eating and shutting my brain off helped. Tomorrow is going to be fairly busy, I have a couple of copies of Hubby's thesis to get bound, and finally put in a change of address request. Not to mention the cleaning.

(I'd take a pic, but Hubby has the camera for import purposes)

*Sigh*

All the noises in here are bouncing off the empty walls, and they sound loud and hollow.

No comments: