Friday, November 3, 2006

Speedy

I was emailing a friend this morning, trying to set up a trip to the LYS tomorrow morning, and I recounted to her my sock exploits since beginning this May.

My first pair (magic loop, vanilla pattern) took me about 4 months (interspersed with the baby blanket and occasional hat).

My second pair (4 dpns, stranded pattern, with patterned heel) took me about two months, with the first sock taking about 6 weeks and the second one taking 10 days.

My third pair (dpns again - I've been converted back, stockinette with lace insert and patterned heel) were started 2 days ago, and the first sock is half-finished.

It's pretty insane. And, I have to admit, I have two calluses - one on my left middle finger and one on my right index finger - from shifting tiny US1 needles, but they're battle scars that I'm proud of.

So, of course I'm going to the LYS to pick up some more sock yarn. I figure if I aim to make one pair for hub, one for me, and one for a gift for someone else, then that's pretty good balance. I also need to darn a (store-bought) sweater for said friend, so I'm hoping to pick up material for that, something that can be used for, oh, I don't know. . . Socks, perhaps?

No comments: