Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hubby's finished sock, and my new sock primordium . . .

A-ha! Pictures!

Firstly, hub's finished sock, and its partner, now almost 2":














Here's an extreme close-up of my first attempt at kitchener... not too bad, if I say so myself!














And, my beautiful STR... I decided to go for the picot edge for sure, and it went relatively smoothly. Here are two close-ups of the first 13 or so rows, before folding it down (the first one is fuzzy, but you can see the k2tog/yo's more clearly than in the second one.




























I was also adventurous and knit the edge up, rather than sew it afterward, because Claudia's blog inspired me. It took me a bloody half hour to do one stinking round, but it was worth it. The result is really sharp, particularly so while sitting on my digital camera waiting to be uploaded.

I will say that the colors are much more true in these shots. I can't wait to show my mom when she visits to help me get over my dental surgery in 2 weeks. Waaaah. Dental surgery. *sniff*


(All images copyright E. Boudreau)

No comments: